Home: Ski Vacations
Affordable Ski Vacations
Family Ski Vacations
Learning How to Ski
Packing for a Ski Vacation
Planning a Ski Vacation
The Truth About Skiing
Roof Mount Carriers
Ski & Winter Sports eBooks
Skiing can be quite a dangerous sport, so safety measures are very important.
In particular, there is a great risk of getting a head injury
in a fall, impact or collision - unless you wear a helmet.
A ski helmet can protect you from perhaps as much as 90%
of head injuries.
Of course there is a wide choice of ski helmets available in
the market, so you will have to consider your choice carefully.
Things that you might want to consider include fit, style,
certification, and the material the helmet is made from, as well
as, of course, the price.
The different types of helmets that you might want to consider
a include full shell, short shell, competition shell, and youth.
Which is right for you depends on your needs:
After you know the make and type of helmet that you want, the other issue
to consider is the size. A helmet needs to not only be a good fit, but
- A full shell helmet gives complete coverage, and helps
keep the wind and elements too. Many full shell helmets
also have venting to help regulate temperature. Full shell
helmets are generally recommended for fast skiing.
- A short shell helmet gives less coverage but usually comparable
protection to a full shell helmet. Short shell helmets are a good
choice if you feel uncomfortable wearing a full shell helmet.
- Competition helmets are of course designed for competitions.
If you are serious downhill competitor, you probably want one - but if
you are just a recreational skier, you probably do not need one.
- Youth helmets are of course designed for younger people with smaller
heads than adults. Many youth helmets have removable pads which can be used
to adjust fitting as the child's head grows - meaning that they can last for
a while. When choosing a youth helmet, you should of course be looking
for one designed to the same safety standard as adult helmets.
In general, it is worth investing in a decent helmet. Better quality helmets
tend to be more comfortable (better fit and better ventilation)
as being safer. A good quality helmet can withstand
a lot of damage (which would otherwise be damage to your head!),
if you do have a serious accident.
Finally, if you take good care of it, for example following only
the manufacturer's recommendations of cleaning it, your ski helmet
can last for many years.
Below are some ski helmets:
Please post your comments on this page:
Disclosure: Products details and descriptions provided by Amazon.com. Our company may receive a payment if you purchase products from them after following a link from this website.
- ASTM CERTIFIED SAFETY - Ski helmet built for both comfort and safety. Equipped with REINFORCED ABS SHELL & SHOCK-ABSORBING EPS CORE.
- ADJUSTABLE SIZE - Size adjustment dial for a perfect fit. EASY TO WASH removable ear pads & inner fleece liner.
- WHAT YOU GET - 1 x OutdoorMaster KELVIN Ski Helmet, OutdoorMaster's friendly customer service.
ASTM CERTIFIED SAFETY
Ski helmet built for both comfort and safety. Equipped with REINFORCED ABS SHELL & SHOCK-ABSORBING EPS CORE.
CHOOSE BETWEEN 9 DIFFERENT COLOR OPTIONS
Sleek design available in 9 different color combinations for you to choose from. All in matte finish.
Size adjustment dial for a perfect fit. EASY TO WASH removable ear pads & inner fleece liner.
Equipped with 14 individual vents for next-level ventilation for HOURS OF COMFORTABLE SKIING.
- To determine the correct size, wrap the measuring tape around the widest part of the head and take the measurement at the forehead.
To get the most accurate measure, have a friend help with this.
- S: 48 - 53cm (19 - 21 inches)
- M: 53cm - 58cm (21 - 23 inches)
- L: 56 - 61cm (22 - 24 inches)
- Weight: 1.3 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 11.42 x 9.06 x 9.06 inches
- Packing Dimensions: 11.81 x 9.84 x 9.84 inches
- Material: EPS
1 x OutdoorMaster Ski Helmet
- Innovative, all-weather helmet can be customized with included convertible pad kit to keep you warm on winter slopes, and cool in summer skate parks
- AirEvac system generates maximum airflow and removes warm, fog-causing air via air channels built into helmet, keeping your head dry and goggles clear
- Includes limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty
The Holt is built for all-season toughness thanks to its Bombshell construction. The proven fit and reliability of the Holt will get you from the park to the backcountry and back.
80 Green; PRIZM Jade,Blue,Matte Black,Matte Silver Sports
- ALL-AROUND PROTECTION FOR YOUR SPORTING NEEDS - The Lucky Bums Sports Helmet is everything you want in a helmet at an affordable price: it's comfortable, stylish, durable, and most of all, functional. It features two protective layers, a padded chin strap, and goggle loop. Ready to go right out of the box, find your size and color today.
- NUMEROUS FEATURES FOR A FULL AND ENJOYABLE DAY - There's more than meets the eyes with the Lucky Bums Sports Helmet. Inside, the internal fabric lining and ear padding include a hypoallergenic and antibacterial treatment while the ESP inner shell features multiport with mesh screens to allow for ample airflow.
- DURABLE AND DEPENDABLE WITH MANUFACTURER'S LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY - We know how upsetting it is to have your day spoiled by seemly, uncomfortable, and undependable gear. That's why we created Lucky Bums. We believe in our quality and put our money where our mouth is. Each helmet comes with Manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty, which protects against defects in materials or workmanship. Look good, feel good, be protected.
The Lucky Bums Sports Helmet is everything you want in a helmet at an affordable price: it's comfortable, stylish, durable, and most of all, functional. It features two protective layers, a padded chin strap, and goggle loop. Ready to go right out of the box, find your size and color today. This helmet has two reinforced layers. The external cap is made from strong ABS material, which is covered by a supporting EPS outer shell for dual protection. This helmet fully complies with EN1077 standards and is CE certified. There's more than meets the eyes with the Lucky Bums Sports Helmet. Inside, the internal fabric lining and ear padding include a hypoallergenic and antibacterial treatment while the ESP inner shell features multiport with mesh screens to allow for ample airflow. In addition to being vented and hypoallergenic, this helmet is comfortable to wear all day long. Its padded chin strap and integrated goggle loop enhance comfort and function. There are 4 sizes to choose from and each helmet includes a micro adjustable strap for the perfect fit for just about anyone. We know how upsetting it is to have your day spoiled by seemly, uncomfortable, and undependable gear. That's why we created Lucky Bums. We believe in our quality and put our money where our mouth is. Each helmet comes with Manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty, which protects against defects in materials or workmanship. Look good, feel good, be protected.
- Construction - hard shell construction
- Ventilation - super cool vents, stack ventilation
- Features - removable goggle retainer, removable ear pads, compatible with aftermarket Giro audio systems, seamless Compatibility with Giro goggles
The Ledge helmet features a clean, minimalist skate-style design with Hard Shell Construction built for street and park riding. Under-the-hood muscle meets modern technology with a removable Auto Loc 2 Fit System and ample venting. The Ledge is super modifiable with removable goggle retainer and ear pads to get just the right look.
HARD SHELL CONSTRUCTION
Hard Shell Construction produces great helmets at a great value. A rugged outer shell is molded and then attached to the EPS foam liner.
AUTO LOC 2 FIT SYSTEM
Auto Loc 2 is a durable self-adjusting fit system designed to take the hassle out of fitting a helmet. A supple elastic fit band at the back of the helmet merges with fixed-position straps, which adjust to cradle your head when you set the system to one of the three different circumference settings. The new Vertical Tuning feature helps to dial in your fit and goggle set up.
Our Stack Vent was developed based on research showing the majority of the warm air that can cause fogging exhausts from the center top vent of the goggle. Aligning the Stack Vent in the helmet with the vent of your goggles helps to keep them clear and fog free.
- PROTECT YOUR DOME - Safety certified; Light weight and durable construction fuses the helmets outer shell to the impact-absorbing EPS liner (EPS foam is made in the USA).
- CLIMATE CONTROL - Adjustable vent on top slides to change how much heat you let out.
- LIFETIME BREAKAGE WARRANTY - Got a problem? Let us know! We are always here to help and are committed to your satisfaction.
|WildHorn Outfitters|| |
- TRUSTED BY THE BEST - Wildhorn is a proud supplier of the US Ski Team & snow helmet sponsor for 4x Olympian Ashley Caldwell. Ashley is a World Champion Freestyle Aerialist. She's the first female to ever land a quadruple-twisting triple backflip. The Drift is her ski helmet of choice for freeskiing and snowboarding.
- ALL-DAY COMFORT - You'll be hard-pressed to find a more comfortable snowboarding helmet. Our ultra-plush interior liner provides maximum comfort and insulation. The earpads are audio compatible (check out our new Wildhorn Alta Bluetooth helmet-compatible earphones) and can also be removed on warmer ski days. The Drift also features our FTA (Fine Tune Adjustment) system that offers micro-adjustments for the perfect fit.
- PEACE OF MIND - Be confident on the slopes and keep your brain healthy. Made using advanced manufacturing techniques the outer PC shell is fused to the inner EPS foam creating an in-mold construction that allows the foam to absorb the shock from an impact. Meets ASTM F2040 and EN1077 standards.
The Drift ski & snowboard helmet were designed by skiers and snowboarders in the shadow of the Wasatch mountains in Utah, home of the greatest snow on earth! We set out to create a premium helmet at a price anyone can afford. We accomplished this by cutting out the middleman and selling direct to our consumers.
The Drift Helmet is packed full of premium features only found in higher priced helmets. Wildhorn is an official equipment supplier of the US Ski team. We are proud to also sponsor 3 time Olympian & 2017 World Champion Ashley Caldwell. Ashley is the only woman in the world to ever land "The Daddy"- a quadruple-twisting triple backflip in competition.
We build our reputation by creating quality product. If you experience a problem that is a result of defect in materials or workmanship, Wildhorn Outfitters warrants your helmet for the lifetime of the product and will repair or replace your helmet at no charge. Warranty does not apply to damage resulting from impact, misuse, abuse, accident, negligence, or normal weather wear and tear. Wildhorn Outfitters has the sole discretion to determine manufacturer's defects.
- 10 vents for ultimate temperature regulation with unyielding ABS shell exterior and firm, shock-absorbent EPS interior
- Helmet safety certifications include EN 1077:2007 for Ski Helmets and CPSC 16 CFR, Part 1203 for Bicycle Helmets
- ErgoKnob Adjustable Dial is a simple one-handed twist dial that tightens and loosens the framework built into the helmet for a customized fit
|Demon United|| |
- Safety is our #1 concern at Demon, and that is why the Phantom snowboard helmet will keep you riding strong with both CE and ASTM certification. Made with a tough shell and a comfortable liner, you won't be disappointed with this helmet
- Integrated Audio speakers, listen to music and shred!- Just add phone!
Keep your dome protected with the Demon Phantom ski and snowboard helmet. Tested to the max, this ski helmet will keep you safe with the ABS shell and cool with multiple vents. Our new contrasting design is available in a variety of matte colors to match your winter sports getup. This helmet also comes with built in AUDIO, just plug in your phone and rock out! This package also comes with Demon's Supra Snow Goggle. The Supra Goggle is fully vented, UV protected, adjustable strap, mirrored lens and includes a bag and travel protective case! At Demon, we strive to provide you top quality snowboard gear and protection at a reasonable price, and the Phantom snowboard helmet is no exception
- Equipped with all the comfort features and helmet safety certifications you would want including EN 1077: 2007 for ski helmets and CPSC 16 CFR, part 1203 for bicycle helmets
- An adjustable Chinstrap provides a custom and secure fit while providing you with knowledge that your little grom's helmet was designed with their well being in mind
- Includes a durable rear goggle clip to keep your little rider's goggles safe and secure while they make their way down the mountain
Your little Grom may still have that sense of youthful resilience but that doesn't mean you want them spending their day on the big bad mountain without a grade a noggin protector right! fear not! our new h3 youth helmet is here to keep your wee-one safe and protected no matter which snow Sport adventure they choose! this helmet comes equipped with a durable ABS exterior that is lined with impact absorbing EPS foam interior that provides the utmost protection while still remaining lightweight. The h3's ventilation system utilizes 10 strategically placed vents that allow for cool air to come in through the front while forcing warm stagnant air out for quick and effective temperature regulation. The plush earmuffs also help to provide comfort and warmth from the harsh mountain air while the padded adjustable chinstrap allows for a snug and secure fit while avoiding obnoxious chin chaffing. If that weren't enough we also include a conveniently placed Goggle clip located on the back of the helmet to keep your little one's goggles in place as they make their way down the mountain. It's safe to say we've included everything to protect your little speed demon as they enjoy a day spent in the snow